Job: Finance and Operations Manager
Working Partnerships USA is seeking a motivated, organized, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to racial and economic justice, to help our operations and executive teams. The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for managing accounting and banking functions, and working closely with the Executive Director and Finance Director. This person will be a point of contact for external partners, including our bookkeeping firm, and managing the flow of information and project details internally, including administrative and operations duties.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We build the capacity of workers, low-income neighborhoods and communities of color to lead and govern. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for quality jobs, healthy communities, equitable growth and a democracy that works for all. We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising, which is fighting to inspire the tech industry to build an inclusive middle class.
This Role is Ideal For
- Someone with volunteer or work experience in labor, social/racial justice organizations or progressive government.
- A highly motivated individual who enjoys administrative and operational work.
- Someone who has an accounting background, particularly accounts payable and accounts receivable, credit card reconciliation, and some payroll experience.
- Someone who has experience in accounting for multiple projects.
- Someone who embraces deadlines and a consistent weekly and monthly workflow that is cyclical along with being able to handle intermittent tasks as they arise.
- People who are organized, systematic, and consistent while understanding that not everyone is!
- Oversee and process bills, checks, invoicing, and other accounts payable and receivables in conjunction with our bookkeeping firm.
- Manager vendor relationship to ensure proper payment, best value contracting, and high road contracting.
- Reconcile credit card statements from staff and communicate with bookkeeping firm.
- Manage information and communications between internal team and external finance team.
- Manage and support staff in using billing, timecard reporting, and reimbursement systems.
- Staff support in using accounting system to generate financial reports.
- Tracking and reconciling vacation and sick leave balances, and managing staff holiday, vacation, and sick leave requests.
Administration and Operations
- Responsible for connecting with building management, managing copier and other lease equipment, supply orders and inventory, triaging mail.
- Maintain organizational filing system, cloud and physical files, including personnel and vendor files.
- Provide travel assistance and logistics for large conferences, staff retreats and meetings, and program events, usually 2 to 3 times per year.
- Take responsibility for logistics including food, accommodations, transit, and materials for programmatic events and monthly staff meetings.
- Provide support staff with technology implementation and requests, and work with IT coordinator to resolve.
- Manage new hire paperwork and on-boarding.
- Other HR duties as needed.
- 2+ years working in administration, operations, and/or finance.
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice.
- Extremely detail-oriented self-starter - you pay attention to details and thoroughly check work.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - you practice the rigor needed for spelling, grammar, and concise and clear communications.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with technology platforms for a remote staff preferred (Google Drive, Slack, Zoom).
- Experience with bookkeeping software (xero or quickbooks) preferred.
- Ability to use good judgement when communicating with staff and partners.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Compensation & Location
This position is based in San Jose, California. Annual salary range for this position is $60,000-$72,000 and will be based on experience. Generous benefits package, including full family health insurance and 401(k). This is a full-time, exempt position and an excellent opportunity for those seeking career advancement over time.
Working Partnerships USA is an affirmative action employer, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer broader societal discrimination.