Job: Grants Associate
Do you believe in the power of grassroots organizing and economic justice? Do you want to hold the world’s largest tech companies accountable to a higher standard of living for all workers and residents? Join us in building the movement for a just economy in Silicon Valley and across California.
Who we are
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization that brings together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. We do this by organizing large numbers of people, using corporate research and leverage, and electing officials willing to stand up for workers.
What we do
We have helped thousands of the lowest-paid workers in Silicon Valley build power through forming unions. We have worked with governments to invest billions in the development of affordable housing. We create pathways to healthcare for everyone including the undocumented and view development with a lens towards racial equity.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have experience writing successful letters and proposals for foundation and/or government grant applications, as well as a demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity for low-income, immigrant and communities of color.
What you'll be doing
The primary role in this job is to support and implement the fundraising strategy to raise and steward grants and sponsorships from foundations, corporations, and other institutional sources. This position requires a methodological and analytical approach, sound judgement and strong writing and project management skills. They also need to be able to provide clear and timely communication about process, timeline and progress of foundation, corporate and government funding applications and relationships.
- Execute a plan for an efficient and effective grants management and administration processes including the use and regular maintenance of our grantshubonline database.
- Support production and fundraising for our annual fundraising event.
- Provide support to the development team and board to provide data, materials and other activities that help their follow through on fundraising activities, as needed.
- Support cultivation and stewardship strategies including maintaining up to date funder and donor contacts, marketing and programmatic materials, and digital and online strategies in collaboration with our Communications team.
What you bring to our team
- Commitment to social, racial, economic, environmental, and gender justice.
- A minimum of three years previous fundraising experience.
- Strong work ethic and personal commitment to excellence.
- Willingness to learn, ability to work well with others and to be flexible.
- Proficiency in a wide array of digital tools such as Facebook ads, CRMs,and peer-to-peer texting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Respect for people from all walks of life.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be based on experience. Full benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid vacations, holidays and sick leave.
This position can be housed in either our San Jose or Oakland office, we have preference to hire someone who can work full-time from the San Jose office.