Job: Neighborhood Action Team Lead
Join our Neighborhood Action Team as a Team Lead to engage our community, hold big corporations accountable, create more affordable housing, and ensure everyone's voice is heard in our democracy.
Pay Rate: $26/hour
Hours per Week: 25-30
Our Neighborhood Action Team is the front line in ground-breaking organizing efforts across Silicon Valley to address the roots of inequality and catalyze change in our communities.
Team leads will train team members on the basics of organizing, door-to-door canvassing, phone banking, texting, data entry, and assistance in other community organizing activities as required. The ideal candidate will have experience with civic engagement and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity for low-income and immigrant communities and communities of color. The Team Lead will need to be a confident leader as well as an on-the-ground organizer with the ability to run successful field campaigns with large teams. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and relentless in pursuing campaign goals.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for family-sustaining jobs, stable and affordable housing, healthy communities, and a democracy where all our voices are heard.
We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising, a collaborative campaign to build an inclusive economic model in Silicon Valley.
As a Neighborhood Action Team Lead, you will:
- Cultivate skills essential to effective organizing strategies and communication practices for local campaigns.
- Build public support through phone and/or face-to-face conversations with community members.
- Become proficient on new movement technology, including texting platforms, tablets, and other tools.
- Grow as a leader to move the needle on issues facing working families, underserved populations, low-income communities, immigrant communities, and people of color.
- Recruit, train, and develop leaders to educate and move our communities to become civically engaged and ensure overall organizational goals are met.
- Manage, track and analyze data to inform campaign planning.
- Manage the hiring, training, supervision and pacing of paid canvassers as needed.
- Perform other duties as required to support the work of the organization as a whole.
- A deep commitment to building power for working families, communities of color, labor, and immigrant communities.
- Past experience working, interning, and/or volunteering on issue, labor, and/or electoral campaigns preferred but not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to meet daily campaign goals.
- Strong work ethic, responsible, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Ability to work with a team to meet the long-term goals of a campaign.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Docs preferred.
- Valid drivers' license and car insurance strongly preferred.
Please contact Ariadna Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 628-7637 with any questions.
Working Partnerships USA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.