Job: Organize Our Communities!
Join our Neighborhood Action Team to engage our community, hold big corporations accountable, create more affordable housing, and ensure everyone's voice is heard in our democracy.
Our Neighborhood Action Team is the front line in ground-breaking organizing efforts across Silicon Valley to address the roots of inequality and catalyze change in our communities. Team members will engage community members through door-to-door canvassing, phone banking, texting, data entry, and assistance in other community organizing activities as required.
Pay Rate: $24/hour
Hours per Week: 25-30
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for family-sustaining jobs, stable and affordable housing, healthy communities, and a democracy where all our voices are heard.
We are co-founders of Silicon Valley Rising, a collaborative campaign to build an inclusive economic model in Silicon Valley.
As part of the Neighborhood Action Team, you will:
- Cultivate skills essential to effective organizing strategies and communication practices for local campaigns.
- Build public support through phone and/or face-to-face conversations with community members.
- Become proficient on new movement technology, including texting platforms, tablets, and other tools.
- Grow as a leader to move the needle on issues facing working families, underserved populations, low-income communities, immigrant communities, and people of color.
- Be a part of a skilled group of people committed to improving and building power in our communities.
- A deep commitment to building power for working families, communities of color, labor, and immigrant communities.
- Past experience working, interning, and/or volunteering on issue, labor, and/or electoral campaigns preferred but not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to meet daily campaign goals.
- Strong work ethic, responsible, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Ability to work with a team to meet the long-term goals of a campaign.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Docs preferred.
- Valid drivers' license and car insurance strongly preferred.
Please contact Ariadna Morales at email@example.com or (408) 628-7637 with any questions.
Working Partnerships USA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.