Job: Program Operations Associate
Working Partnerships USA is seeking a motivated, organized, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to racial and economic justice, to help our operations and executive teams.
The Program Operations Associate is responsible for ensuring compliance with the programmatic, financial, and administrative requirements for existing and new programs. The ideal candidate demonstrates ability to solve problems, implement policies & procedures, and juggle competing priorities.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for family-sustaining jobs, stable and affordable housing, healthy communities, and a democracy where all our voices are heard.
Our campaigns take on some of the leading issues of our time — the gig economy, the housing affordability crisis, the tech industry’s impact on our communities, the future of work. Our work draws national attention and shapes conversations and campaigns across the country.
- Lead programmatic and financial reporting on government- and foundation-funded programs.
- Provide program reporting to stakeholders on program deliverables.
- Assist with the development of new proposals and grants.
- Develop program budgets in coordination with program and finance teams. Provide budget-to-actual reporting.
- Follow up on funder ad hoc requests as needed.
- Learn the program, financial, and administrative requirements of government- and foundation-funded programs under consideration (city, county, state, federal, and foundation).
- Provide monthly or periodic invoicing for government-funded programs, including maintaining complete documentation of expenses for audit purposes.
- Represent Working Partnerships USA professionally to external stakeholders.
- Develop systems, policies, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders.
- Provide training to program staff as necessary on systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate with program staff and payroll to ensure timely, accurate reporting of time cards.
- Provide administrative support to programs as necessary.
- Support finance, HR, and administrative duties as necessary.
- Act as liaison between program, finance, and HR teams.
- Learn finance & HR systems, and act as a back-up in the event of vacations, vacancies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned & related to the position.
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice.
- Extremely detail-oriented self-starter – you pay attention to detail and thoroughly check work.
- Problem solver – demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people with competing priorities; with complex or unclear guidance; with new programs still being developed – and able to develop a solution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work with a variety of communication styles.
- Experience with basic financials – budgets, profit & loss statements/statements of financial activity, grant accounting.
- Strong skills with Microsoft/Google software suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Forms).
- 2+ years of administrative and/or non-profit program experience
- Experience with principles of non-profit accounting
- Experience with Xero
- Expert skills with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with contracts/programs administered by one or more of the following:
- County of Santa Clara
- City of San Jose
- State of California
- U.S. Department of Labor
Additionally, all Working Partnerships USA employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or a written request for reasonable accommodation due to medical disability or sincerely held religious belief.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Lift approximately 20-25 lbs. on occasion.
- Stand and move throughout the office.
- Have consistent and reliable attendance.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- Communicate effectively and promptly to clients or employees of the organization.
- Climb stairs and steps.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Compensation & Location
This position is based in San Jose, California. We are currently working remotely but eventually this position will be primarily on-site with some remote flexibility. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position with opportunity for advancement over time. Annual salary range for this position is $65,000 - $72,000. A generous benefits package is offered including full family health insurance, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Working Partnerships USA strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.